Cupping notes: subtle dried apricot, pear, medium acidity, big round body, slightly tea-like, herbal, spicy, very balanced
Coffee cultivation in Indonesia holds a 300-year-old story that has been significantly influenced by Dutch colonization. Today Indonesia is the fourth largest coffee producer in the world. Approximately 85% of East Java Arabica coffees are owned and driven by PTP, standing for the official governmental organization that was founded in 1894 under the Dutch. The remaining 15% of the coffee production is in the hands of farmers that own very small plots of land using traditional processing techniques. Compared to other Indonesian coffees which are mostly semi-washed resp. wet-hulled, these estate coffees from Java including the Blawan and Jampit estates are fully washed. This processing has a significant impact on the flavor due to the fermentation process of approximately 36 hours. After drying the coffee down to a humidity content of approx. 12%, the coffee beans are carefully hand-sorted leading to a very consistent and clean cup profile. The Blawan plantation covers a total of 1.250ha while Jampit plantation covers 1.400ha.
ENJOY!!! Discover amazing flavor & aroma. We know you will.
Indonesian washed Java Blawan and Jampit Estate Preanger/Washed Process
Region: Ljen Plateau, East Java
Estate names: Blawan & Jampit
Elevation: ~3,400-5,000 feet above sea level [1,100 – 1,600 MASL meters above sea level]
Variety: Java Typica, Catimor
Harvest period: May – August
Classification: A/WP (=Arabica washed preparapation– 1x (= Screen. 17)
Processing: fully washed
There are no reviews yet.